6 ways to make your outdoor space ready for entertaining
I don't know about you, but we're ready to get outside and start making use of our outdoor spaces again. Today we're sharing "6 Ways to Make Your Outdoor Space Entertainment Ready". Read below for a few simple tips to freshen up your outdoor spaces and get you excited to start entertaining with friends and family!
1. UNCOVER PATIO FURNITURE AND CLEAN OFF YOUR DECK - After long windy fall and winter seasons, there are typically leaves and dirt that have covered your outdoor living areas over the last several months. Getting outside with a broom or pressure washer and clearing all the debris away will help you start with a clean slate.
2. REARRANGE YOUR FURNITURE - Just like we tend to rearrange our furniture in our house from time to time, don't forget to show the same love and attention to your outdoor living areas as well. A new furniture arrangement will help you see your outdoor space in a new light, and make it feel fresh and new!
If you're just beginning looking for furniture for your outdoor living area, don't be afraid to try different styles of seating. This hammock in the image below is a great example of how to switch things up and create and more cozy and intimate feel.
3. ADD A FEW NEW PIECES TO YOUR SPACE - It never hurts to purchase a few new outdoor pillows or a new ottoman or side table to liven up your outdoor area from last year. Adding a few new pieces to your space even if they're small, can make a big impact! Now is a good time to look for outdoor furniture as a lot of the best pieces sell out quickly!
4. ADD A RUG - Most people don't think to use a rug in their outdoor living areas, but doing so creates a whole new layer of comfort and visual interest. Outdoor rugs are typically very well priced in comparison to indoor rugs. They're very easy to clean (just spray them off with a hose!) and they last several years. Same rules apply to rug sizes on the inside of your home: bigger = better + make sure all of those furniture pieces are grounded nicely on the rug!
5. INCORPORATE GREENERY - Greenery is typically abundant in outdoor spaces, but please don't hesitate to cut a few of your favorite limbs from your yard and put them in a simple vase on your outdoor coffee table. Stems and greenery will bring added visual interest to your space with their scale and color.
6. ADD LAYERS OF LIGHTING - Just as an interior space should have multiple layers of lighting, your outdoor space can, and should have those same levels. Feel free to string up bistro lights, add lanterns, and light your fireplace when entertaining if you have one. The ambiance that varying levels of lighting creates can't be replaced by anything else. It's a definite must have for a complete outdoor space!
Hopefully you enjoyed these tips, and are helpful as you get ready to start entertaining outside this summer!
Also, Happy Birthday to my love and partner in crime, Steph!!